Wednesday, June 27, 2007

WHOOP!!!

So i got my letter of acceptance into Texas A&M a few days ago... EXCITING!

It has been a little more then a month since I have written on here, and all is well. A lot has been going on, and in due time I will get to it all...

I ended up getting an A in my mini-mester at Blinn, which was the determining factor in my acceptance. The Thursday following my mini-mester final, my father and I drove the 12 hours drive to Destin, FL for the umpteenth time. I swear, it only feels like a 4 hour drive now that we have done it so many times. When I was at FSU i would drive that path about 2 times a month, and we have also been going there since I was a baby b/c my dad grew up there. ANYWAYS!

While there, we went fishing everyday. Some days on the pier, one day on his friend from high school's boat, and one day we relaxed and did a little fishing mixed with body-surfing and snorkeling. I caught my first fish of the trip at approx. 5:45 am on the pier. (Picture below) We woke up that morning at 4:15, and were at the pier fishing by 5. At about 7:15 the fish were done and so were we! We went to breakfast at Waffle House, then did some shopping at Wal-mart, then we took naps til about 3. The rest of the day we chilled and went site-seeing.

Saturday, day 2, we went on the boat. We are on the water by 5:30 and fishing for bait by 6. At around 7:45 we had our first fish. Throughout the trip, the wind was steady around 15 mph and the waves constant at about 4 feet. Not TOO bad.... All in all, we caught our limit on King Mackrel (2/person) and a few smaller Spanish Mackrel, a few Red Fish and Snapper along with a Barracuda.... Not too shabby if I may say so....


The next 2 days we drove around and my dad reminisced and we looked for property and did the traditional tourist stuff along with doing the non-traditional tourist stuff. The last night in town, we walked the beach and I took sunset pics... AHHHH... I Love Destin....


After returning home, I began to make a new fishing rod, a hobby of mine... You start with a Fiberglas "blank" which it the actual rod with nothing on it. No handle, grip, guides or ANYTHING! I proceeded to put the handles, grip and guides on it and even wove my name into the thread by the reel... pretty sweet huh! It took me about 3 days start to finish including drying time for the epoxy coat you put on the rod in afterwards to protect it from damage.

I have made 3 rods total since we got back, and it is possible I'll make one more. My dad decided I should redo all the ones he made as a kid living in Florida and have all his matching and mine matching with our names woven in them. His are red, black and silver, while mine are blue, black and silver.

My sister and I will be living together this fall in a duplex we just rented just down the street from where we are living now. I haven't seen the place, but according to my sister and the owner, it is pretty nice. Comes with a yard, 2 bedrooms, 1 large bathroom, washer/dryer, and all that jazz.... I'm pretty excited and my sister is even more then I b/c now she can have a puppy and a yard to put it in to play... WHATEVER!

Well, ta ta for now!

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Yay! I am glad you finally posted!! Your pictures from Destin are beautiful! I am glad you all finally found a place in College Station... We are pretty settled in here. Just a few minor plumbing mishaps...but I am getting used to it..

Clarissa said...

I am going to stop looking for new posts if you don't do it!!!!!