Saturday, May 5, 2007

Finals week and extra credit....

So I took my Zoology final yesterday and I believe I kicked its butt! I only needed a 75 to make an A in the course, and with the extra credit offered, I feel 100% confident I got that A!!!

Today, I woke-up, cooked lunch and began writing an extra credit paper about illegal immigration in Texas and what the problems are and how the government is dealing with it. I must say, i got very involved in the topic and very much enjoyed writing the paper. I could have gone on for pages, but stopped at 2. The more i read, the more annoyed and angry I got. I just don't see how the US government can know there is a problem, want to fix it, but yet, do nothing about it. The numbers are staggering and when i read them, my jaw dropped. for instance, illegal immigrants cost the state of Texas approximately $17.7 billion a year. This money that should be going to our education, highways, hospitals, etc, not to people who are here illegally. This is outrageous!

Anyways, just thought I'd share.... have a great day!

No comments: